Some things like cold Aperol Spritz on a hot Friday afternoon in the summer, a new winter coat EVERY season and unlimited access to fresh mango ought to be mandatory for everyone. And the list is not complete without mentioning a trip to London in the Fall, which everyone should be ordered to take every year once the leaves turn orange. I have trouble limiting myself to only 10 reasons to go to London in the fall, but I've done my very best to be sharp and on point (definitely not my strong-suit, haha).
1. ... September is among the months with the least rain and the most hours of sunshine
2. ... the temperature is a nice level of not-too-warm-and-not-too-cold, and you can still sit outside and have lunch or coffee at the cafes (my favourite is NAC which is genius for both breakfast, brunch, lunch, coffee - and dinner)
3. ... Hyde Park is totally picturesque in its "fall wardrobe" and looks like some enchanted forrest from bit straight out of Harry Potter (I recommend rapping coffee and lunch to go at Pret-a-Manger and have a picknic among the squirrels)
4. ... a little city-scape in September is the ideal in-between-holidays break between summer and Christmas, and will definitely recharge your mental batteries to the darker times ahead (Winter is coming, haha)
5. ... Air plane tickets are cheaper than ever!
6. ... The temperature is exactly just warm enough so you don't have to resemble the Michelin-man when going out at night (trust me, that look is NOT popular with doormen and pickers alike)
7. ... What is possibly a better place than London to shop all you need for your fall wardrobe? After all, the British are used to some cruel weather, so who can be better suited to line up the perfect fall-wear? Plus the Pound is low, so give the creditcard the exercise it needs!
8. ... "High Tea" is just a tiny bit more right when it starts getting colder and darker outside. Try the Pret-a-Portea at the Berkely (here) which changes every season according to the current pret-a-porter fashion lines.
9. ... The amazing rooftop bars are perfect to linger at for a drink this time of year without either melting or freezing to death. My favourite, Aqua Spirit, is in connection with one of my absolutely top picks for London dining (here) - and it just so happens that the "mother" of the restaurant is located in Hong Kong, which is on top of my list (see why here)
10. ... it is London, so start parcking!